Aug 14, 2020

Fibromyalgia fixes

Hi Alice!

I am a 22 yr old female grad student with fibromyalgia. I was officially diagnosed about 2 years ago, but have had it my whole life. I cannot find any record of children having it. I have seen lots of ads online for things to "cure" it but they are probably scams. I am struggling with how to deal with my illness. I am always tired, very depressed and anxious, ache, migraines, am very tense, restless legs, always cold, and feel faint often. I have been on Zoloft for about six months, but do not feel much better.

What can I do to feel better!? I am poor and spend my money on massages when I can, but my grad health insurance doesn't cover massages, or acupuncture — things I see suggested. I take a bath every day because that is supposed to help. Any ideas for me? I am a mess! I need help, but am poor! What do I do?

What is fibromyalgia?

What is "fibromyalgia"? Heck, I'm not even sure of the spelling, but that's it phonetically, anyway. Thanks.

Arthritis?

What is arthritis? Is it a deterioration of cartilage?

— Wondering

Migraine headaches

My wife has terrible migraine headaches. She has tried caffeine, vitamins, and Motrin. Motrin works occasionally. Any suggestions?

— Low tolerance