All About Alice!
Alices Vital Stats
Questions submitted last month
Visits last month
Questions answered and updated this year
Who is Alice!?
Alice! is not one person, but a team. The Go Ask Alice! site is supported by a team of Columbia University health promotion specialists, health care providers, and other health professionals, along with a staff of information and research specialists and writers. Our team members have advanced degrees in public health, health education, medicine, counseling, and a number of other relevant fields.
Go Ask Alice!, According to the Research
A number of independent studies have been conducted over the years that included Go Ask Alice! Here are few examples of what researchers had to say about our work:
- A study from the University of Pittsburgh presented at the 2011 iConference and published in Online Information Review noted that 59% of the hyperlinks to health information from blogs and other sites reviewed were linked to Go Ask Alice!
- A Stanford University study published in January/February 2010 Knowledge Quest: Journal of the American Association of School Librarians lists Go Ask Alice! first among websites for reputable and credible reproductive health information for adolescents on the web.
- In a 2009 chapter published in Pediatric Informatics, Go Ask Alice! is listed as a recommended website for adolescent health.
- Information from Go Ask Alice! is cited in a 2007 article in the British Medical Journal discussing hookah use.
- Go Ask Alice! is described as "one of the most useful sites in a health educator's book of tricks," in a 2007 article published in the journal Health Promotion Practice.
- A University of Michigan study published in the December 2000 Health Education & Behavior journal names Go Ask Alice! number one for access to specific sexual health information on the Internet.
Additionally, Go Ask Alice! has been included in academic research including doctoral dissertations and many other student research projects.
Go Ask Alice! accepts these awards with great pride and appreciation. We thank our colleagues for the recognition and look forward to continuing to provide excellent health information and education online.
- Best of the Web/STD Blogs, Healthline, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017
- Web Health Award, Bronze Level, 2009
- Best Practices in College Health Award, American College Health Association, 2007
- Gold Excellence Award for Health, Wellness, & Counseling, NASPA, 2007
- Grand Gold Award, NASPA, 2007
- HEDIR Technology Award, 1998