Jul 05, 2019

Scarlet fever

I have a case of scarlet fever and was wondering how contagious it is and for how long. Am I putting people at risk by being around them?

Face looks permanently sunburnt

What is wrong with my face? It permanently looks sunburnt across my nose, cheeks and on my chin. Sometimes it appears worse than others. It is hot to touch and often bleeds. Typical rosacea treatments do not improve the redness or pain. I'm overweight but otherwise healthy. Thanks!

What are these white spots around my eyes?

Dear Alice!,

I always have at least one or two white spots on my eyelids. They don't hurt, but people do stare at them. They eventually fall off and reappear in other places. I've been told they are calcium deposits and/or sweat bumps. Help me out with a treatment and let me know if they are connected to any disease.

Thanks!

Blue light therapy for acne?

I recently stumbled upon something called ANSR Beam on a blog talking about acne control. I've been trying to look into the blue light therapy it claims to use to help diminish acne, but am having a hard time finding any information about it. What is blue light therapy? Is it effective in treating acne? And would something like this at home blue light therapy be strong enough to be effective?