Jan 19, 2018

Time management

How do you find time to be with your friends, family, and boyfriend, and study for school?

No time for a social life!

I am a 22-year-old male grad student, now starting my second semester at in graduate school. I have been doing very well academically, but my studies and my work-study job leave me absolutely no time for a social life! I have not been on a date since I got here; though I meet a lot of interesting people, and am in the habit of collecting their phone numbers. However, I can never seem to find any time to spend with them. Sometimes this really depresses me. I have noticed that I have lately been smoking much more heavily than I used to.

Always in a rush to get something done

Stress, anxiety, and learning to cope

I am a graduate student, doing very well in my coursework and research. However, I feel extreme anxiety in doing anything, e.g., starting a problem set, writing a program, etc. I wonder, what are the common causes of anxiety and what I may be suffering from. I would like to be calm and relaxed and not anxious and stressed. I know about meditations, etc., but what I would really like is some psychological insight.

Anxiously Awaiting

Eating healthy at the campus dining hall?

My campus offers a plethora of unhealthy foods — ranging from pizza, to Chinese, to tacos. They do offer salads and fruits, but they don't fill you up! What should I do to eat healthy, but not feel hungry all day! Please help!

— Hungry