I Spy With My Little Eye

Apr 19, 2019

Eyelid twitching

I am a 24-year-old female, and I would consider myself to be a very anxious person (and have always been that way). For the past few months, I have been experiencing a problem with an eyelid spasm. It's always my right eye, and the lid flutters up and down a lot, sometimes lasting for a few days. It doesn't hurt, but is very annoying! I've had people tell me that it's due to stress and/or lack of sleep. Is this true, or could it be due to some kind of nerve damage? Should I go to an eye doctor?

What are these white spots around my eyes?

Dear Alice!,

I always have at least one or two white spots on my eyelids. They don't hurt, but people do stare at them. They eventually fall off and reappear in other places. I've been told they are calcium deposits and/or sweat bumps. Help me out with a treatment and let me know if they are connected to any disease.

Thanks!