1) Dear Alice,

I had one very sore breast for about a week. Now there is a bloody discharge every so often from my nipple, but the pain is gone. I know I should see my doctor but I wanted your opinion first.

Thanks for the help.

2) Dear Alice,

I have very strange walking patterns:

1. Feels like I am on a trampoline.
2. Legs hurt and get very heavy as the day goes on
3. A sense of no balance. I have to literally hang on in the shower and feel like I have no control of my legs at times.
4. Also my legs are cold and my left leg has much pain. Below the knee cap on the side of the calf.
5. My ankle also is in extreme pain some of the time.

Can you help?

Dear Readers,

These are perfect examples of what could be serious and urgent conditions requiring immediate medical attention and treatment. Go Ask Alice! can't answer every question submitted and therefore, may or may not be able to answer your particular question. Additionally, due to the care and research put into every response, questions that require time-sensitive attention from a medical provider aren't likely to be answered before you'd need to seek care in person. And while Go Ask Alice! can provide illuminating discussion on many key health issues, Go Ask Alice! isn't able to provide a diagnosis, act as a direct response site, or reply instantly.

Your best course of action is to visit your health care provider as soon as possible when you:

• Have severe or new pain
  • Notice changes on or from any part of your body
  • Feel sick
  • Become injured
  • Sense that something may be wrong

If you're a student, you can check to see if your school has a medical services facility that provides care. Additionally, a primary health provider or in more urgent circumstances, an emergency or urgent care facility, can provide care in-person to address whatever symptoms you're experiencing. If you believe any of your symptoms to be life-threatening, seek emergency care immediately. When it comes to medical attention, there is no doubt you will be best served by in person interactions!

CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.