Water in anus during anal sex

Originally Published: May 1, 2012

The guy I have been seeing likes to use a water bottle and administer the water (to the point it is "overflowing") into my anus prior to anal sex. This is NOT like an enema, as he likes to then penetrate me with the water still in me. I have looked at all kinds of fetish sites, and have not come across this. Sometimes it is too cold or too much water and I let him know. And ALWAYS after I am on the toilet for about half an hour. He says it feels amazing to him, and asks me if it feels good. I am honest in the fact that honestly once HE is in me I don't feel it until he pulls out, then I try not to move and hold it until I am able to get to the bathroom. My question is, are there any dangerous consequences to this?

Although your partner prefers to penetrate you with the water still in your anus, this act sounds similar to an enema. An enema flushes water into and then out of the anus to initiate a bowel movement or clean out any traces of feces and bacteria from the anal cavity. For some, the enema is pleasurable and erotic, but others find it uncomfortable. In fact, performing enemas too often may cause adverse health consequences.

While water-based enemas can have a helpful role in certain situations, enemas can also disrupt the rectum, bowels, gastrointestinal tract, and frequency of bowel movements. Over time, using enemas too frequently can cause your colon to work improperly as well as increase the risk of injury to your anus and rectum. Frequent enema use could also cause you to become reliant on an enema to pass stool. Should you be irregular or uncomfortable, it could be beneficial to hold off on this act, and figure out other types of sexual pleasure that you and your partner enjoy. In the meantime, here are a few tips for your aqueous anal play:

• Temperature: water should be wrist-temperature, or lukewarm. Hot water can cause pain, and cold water can cause cramps.
  • Water: while you can use tap water, filtered water is less likely to contain chlorine and other chemicals that may cause irritation.
  • Lubrication: super slick is better when it comes to anal sex! The use of water-based lube may not last long, so stick with a silicon-based lube. Lubricants can be used on the water bottle, anus, fingers, penis, or any other penetrating object. Given that water is a big part of this act, you may want to keep lube handy for frequent reapplication as well.
  • Communication: speaking with your partner before, during and after this act can make the process more comfortable, build trust, and help each of you relax.
  • Frequency: how often you and your partner engage in this behavior will play a role in the potential concerns. Occasional use of water in the anus during sex will be less likely to cause problems.

Remember, playing it safe is important — no matter what sexual act you are perfecting. It is always beneficial for both partners to get tested for sexually transmitted infections, to use condoms with water or silicon-based lubricant, and to let each other know how you feel about the act. It appears that your anal play rides a fine line between pleasure and discomfort, so keep those lines of communication flowing. For more information, you may want to leaf through Anal Pleasure and Health by Jack Morin or The Ultimate Guide to Anal Sex for Women by Tristan Taormino. Have fun, be comfortable, and be safe!