Too Much Sex Leads to Desensitized Clitoris?

Originally Published: November 21, 1997

My boyfriend and I have sex almost daily and I usually get on top so my clitoris is stimulated enough for me to climax. But I've noticed that when I come after having sex every single day my orgasm isn't as great as the day before. Can my clitoris desensitize from too much sex?

Thank You!!

The experience of orgasm is so subjective. If you are interested in learning more about your own unique clitoral sensitivity and responsiveness, or if you think your clitoris has become less sensitive after having too much sex, Alice recommends that you experiment with your sex schedule. For example, see what happens and how your orgasm feels after not having sex for a few days. Or, see how your orgasm feels after having sex more than once a day. If you vary your pattern, you can learn more about how your orgasm feels and what you need to give yourself for maximum pleasure.

Alice wonders, too, if your memory of your previous orgasms is interfering with your enjoyment of your current and future ones. Just a thought. No two orgasms are the same. Instead of always comparing your orgasms with each other, why not be in the moment and allow the one that's there, in. The point is for you to get the kind of pleasure you deserve. So, have sex as frequently or infrequently as you'd like while taking your partner's desires into account—and be true to yourself, too.