Track versus treadmill

Why is it I can always run a greater distance on a track than I can on a treadmill? On a track, I can run five or six miles, but on a treadmill, I can only go a maximum of three or four, then I tucker out. Is it because I get more bored on a treadmill, or is there a more physical explanation?

Working out at home

I would really like to work out at home. I am a 22-year-old full-time college student, who also works 30 hours a week as a hair stylist. I do have some evenings a week I can work out at home for 30 minutes to an hour, but I just don't know what all there is to do without any machines, and little exercise videos on hand. I was always in sports in high school so I was in great shape, but now I am 20-30 pounds overweight and I really want to change that. I've been doing great with my dieting, but I just really want to work out. Do you have any suggestions as far as a routine for me to shed the weight?

Thank you

Gymtimidation: Intimidated by working out at fitness centers

Do you have any suggestions for me on losing weight? I feel so intimidated going to a fitness center because of the looks I get. I really do. It seems like an individual has to be thin to go into fitness centers now-a-days. I should say some of them are that way.

Thanks

Yoga on the cheap?

A friend of mine bought me a month's worth of yoga classes over the summer. I loved it! I've never found an exercise/fitness regimen that I actually WANTED to stick with. It helped with a lot of my long-standing physical issues (balance, back pain, stress, fatigue) and was a perfect balance of stretching and strengthening for my fitness goals. The only problem is that now that my month is over... I can't really afford to do it anymore. I've looked all around for inexpensive and conveniently located studios, but I can't find anything that's in my price range or fits in my schedule. What resources are there for broke aspiring yogis? Are there any guidelines for practicing yoga at home? Are there any exercise routines that are similar to yoga (i.e., low impact, stretching+strengthening) that are less expensive or easier to do without an instructor?

What's spinning?

I've been reading about spinning classes in a lot of health magazines. What are they?