Jul 20, 2018

Moderate marijuana use and health effects?

Just how dangerous is light to moderate use of marijuana (one joint per week)? I have heard that it is less dangerous than alcohol or tobacco use. Also, its metabolites are stored in fatty tissues, but do they cause any harm?

Thanks.

Smoking marijuana for essential tremor disorder?

A friend of mine has an essential tremor disorder. She smokes weed almost everyday because she said it helps her to stop shaking. She tried all kind of medicines doctors have prescribed her, and botox and acupuncture. None of them helped her. Any advice?

— very concerned about my friend

Marijuana made my heart pound

I recently smoked marijuana, and while I was stoned, my heart pounded rapidly. Is this a normal effect of the drug, an allergic reaction, or something else??

Marijuana — Does it produce serotonin?

My girlfriend tells me she uses marijuana to calm herself if she is having a stressful day. She has been doing this for many years. She says smoking pot is like self-medicating — it is better than using anti-depressants. She also claims smoking pot helps with depression because of how it helps produce serotonin in the body. What is serotonin and how does it help depression? Does smoking pot really help with managing your anxiety, depression, etc.?

Thank you,
A very concerned boyfriend