Afraid to fly

I know this isn't the regular type of question you answer but I don't know who else to ask. I am a senior in high school in California. I have been selected to be my high school and Central Valley representative in Paris, France. I will be in the Millennium Parade for Paris, France as a Drum Major. I will be traveling alone from sunny San Francisco to Paris; the problem is the "travel" part. I am afraid of flying, since I hear of all the recent planes crashing and being bombed, etc., and I will be on a plane for nine to twelve hours directly — there is no stop. Since I am so far from home and alone with hundreds of other people (reps from other states, etc.), I am afraid. Is there any way I can relieve my thoughts and fears or forget about it so I can travel with peace of mind?

Air bug

Okay to fly with ruptured eardrum?

I have a quarter-inch tear in my left eardrum from a three-meter diving accident. I was wondering if it is possible for me to fly with a ruptured eardrum. I really need to fly home. Are there special earplugs I could buy that would make the flight bearable? It's only an hour-and-a-half flight.

Not quite whole in Massachusetts,

Casey

Air travel before and after baby is born

I would like to ask you regarding pregnancy and flight. Yes, travel by airplane! Is it safe for a woman in pregnancy (one, three, five, or seven months) to take a flight? What about when the baby is just one, two, or three months to take a flight as well? I would appreciate if you could give me some advice. Regards.