Feb 23, 2018

I want to recover from my eating disorder and need to learn how

I have been bulimic for six years now. I have tried so many times to quit, but I always fail. When I eat I feel guilty about it sooo much that it is impossible not to purge. I feel so helpless. My boyfriend walked in on me the other day, and the look on his face broke my heart. I REALLY want to recover, but I need help. And I have no idea where to go. I will be a starting college this September, but I don't want to wait that long. I want help now.

Online eating disorder support resources

(1) Dear Alice,

I am a freshman. I have an eating disorder, and I was wondering if there were any support groups online that you knew of. Please tell me. I would like to get support, but there are no groups on campus or close to me.

Someone who needs help

(2) Alice,

I know that I have an eating disorder... I starve myself for weeks eating as little as possible, then stuff myself to the point where I am sick. I want to know where I can go, through e-mail or over the internet, to talk to someone anonymously. I am too embarrassed to tell anyone around me. I realize how bad this is because of how it is affecting my life and happiness. I am trying to reach out... So who can I e-mail?

Recovering from anorexia — What to expect?

I am recovering from anorexia any my doctors will not tell me what symptoms I should be expecting. They just say everyone is different. But I am bloated and my stomach is so firm, almost hard. Like I am pregnant. Will this go away and is there something I can do to fix this? Also, what other symptoms can I expect during my recovery?

Teammate with anorexia

Well, I am a student in college and I play soccer with a girl who has an apparent problem with anorexia and I don't know how to approach the situation at all. She is a type of person who takes everything personally and can sometimes take the blame for things that isn't her fault. She is an overachiever and very sensitive, she tries to be the best in everything that she does. She is an excellent student and a great soccer player. Now I am not a really close friend to her... but I am very concerned. I knew that she had a problem last year, but now that she has come back from summer for pre-season, it has gotten worse. I thought that it would possibly get better, but it apparently hasn't and I really don't know what to do. I thought that her closest friends would take charge and find her help, but they haven't and it doesn't help that she is a difficult person to approach, so me and some of my fellow teammates don't know what to do. So that is why I am writing to you to ask you for your advice. I am scared that something bad is going to happen since she pushes herself so much in soccer and rarely eats. We had practice the other day and it was 75 degrees out and she was wearing a sweatshirt b/c she was cold and she also is extremely tired all the time and can't hold her bladder that well. I am afraid that she will have a heart attack soon...

Please help me,

Instructor concerned for student with possible eating disorder

I am the owner of a dance studio. I also teach dance at a local school. One of my students at my studio and school confronted me last year about a problem with eating. We talked things out and she said she would be ok. She went to dance in NYC for the last year and came back a few weeks ago. She used to be so beautiful and graceful; now she looks like a living skeleton. Before she left for NYC, she was a thin, 5'11", 130 lbs. Now she is a sickly 110 lbs. She now denies her problem along with her mother. I know she desperately needs help before it's too late, but I don't know what else I can do. Please help!