Floating eye spots

For years, I have been noticing one or more annoying "floating spots" in my right eye. These spots affect only my right eye; when I am reading and they become too much to bear, closing that eye causes them to vanish. A local news report covered "floating eye spot problems" a while back, but their conclusion was that they are normal, and should only be of concern primarily to diabetics (which I am not).

First, were they correct, is this nothing to worry about?
Second, and more importantly: Is there anything that can be done to GET RID of this thing?

Out-Damned-Spot!

Eye exercises for improved vision?

My question is regarding eye exercises. I am short sighted and wear my glass constantly. Recently I came across some eye exercises which claim that they can help you restore your vision. Their reasons seem convincing. But if this were true, why do the majority of people with poor vision still wear glasses. I just want to know if it's possible to restore your vision by doing these exercises? If not, is there any other way to restore vision without undergoing surgery? Finally, is there any way to ensure that my eye sight does not get any worse?

Thank you,
Worried about Vision