Feb 03, 2017

Short sleep + long naps = Healthy?

I find that I'm most alert late at night, and at school I'll stay up till three or four in the morning. Since I've had morning classes in the past, I've tried to form a habit of going to bed earlier — around midnight or one — but realistically, I don't think this is ever going to happen. I was thinking of trying, when I go back to school this fall, to go to bed around three or four and sleep for four hours, and then also take a four-hour nap during the day. Is this a good solution, or will I be more tired than if I sleep eight hours straight at night? Thanks!

Long hair at the office

I am a twenty-one-year-old college male considering growing my hair out. I am a very organized and somewhat conservative guy... but I have always been curious about what it would be like to have long hair and I am already starting to grow it out. There is only one thing stopping me:

I am worried that people will judge me because of this. I am not talking about friends, peers, parents, or teachers, I mean, if I go get some type of job. There is a certain type of image associated with long hair for males. I will be applying for jobs in some sort of office environment where everyone looks neat and clean cut, and I'm worried that it would hurt my chances of getting a job or make people view me negatively. I'm not worried about long-term impressions, just first impressions.

I haven't thought much about this until now. I guess my question is this: Is there actual real prejudice against males with long hair in certain fields? How widespread is this prejudice? Would it affect me?

Short- and long-term effects of abusing antihistamines

I've experimented with the abuse of Benadryl on a few occasions now and have been absolutely blown off to another world, I was just curious as to what the side affects, long or short-term, can look like, and what the dangers are of abusing this drug (acetaminophen free).

Trippy

How long should I be in therapy?

How long is psychotherapy supposed to take? I was in therapy for twelve years and felt much worse coming out of it than I did going in. My obsessive compulsive disorder remained unchanged, my socially avoidant behavior was the same, I was still depressed. In fact, I really think I felt worse because I was now angry at therapists. And yet the word on the street is that therapy really works, and I think it is supposed to take less than twelve years. Please answer me, I think this is an important question.