Mar 20, 2020

Cooking veggies and vitamin loss?

If I simmer or boil vegetables in water until they are soft when making soups that have vegetables as ingredients, is any of the nutrient content of the vegetables broken down and lost for good, or does it merely move out of the vegetables into the water? In that case, since you eat the broth when you eat the soup, you would be getting all of the nutrients of the vegetables from the broth. I'm confused about this. Please help.

Apple cider vinegar

I've heard claims that indulging organic apple cider vinegar on a daily basis can help control weight, control blood pressure, prevent acne, etc. Does this really work? Will organic and non-organic apple cider vinegar yield different effects? Thanks in advance.

Facts about fats

I know it's necessary to have a certain amount of fat in your diet, but occasionally I hear about "good fat" and "bad fat." What is the difference? Is that the same as saturated/unsaturated? What foods have "good fat"? Can I tell by looking at the nutrition label on a food product which kind of fat I'm eating?

— Curious