Mar 27, 2020

Cure for inverted nipples?

I am a male with inverted nipples.

I was wondering if there is any way without surgery to make them come out. They do sometimes come out when it's cold, but go straight back in. I am not overweight, but I do no sports. Would physical activities help???

Please answer my question as it's embarrassing to take my shirt off in front of others (except in winter).

— Jr inside out

Cure for psoriasis?

For the past few years, I have had psoriasis. What makes my condition particularly annoying is that it only seems to be affecting my genitals. While I can apply an ointment to make outbreaks disappear, I must apply a cortisone medication every day, and I have been told that doing so may cause the skin to thin. I have talked about this problem with two doctors, and neither one agreed on the same treatment. One claimed that a certain medication may cause thinning of the skin, while another claimed that the particular area involved can take such a treatment without ill effects while benefiting from a more potent lotion (which makes the skin heal faster).

Several years ago I read that a cure for psoriasis is on the brink. Where is it? Have you heard of such a rumor? I cannot say that I am "suffering" from this skin disorder at present, but is there a way to prevent it from spreading elsewhere in the future?

Hoping for clear skin

Airborne: Does it cure or prevent colds?

Hey Alice!

How's it going? Well, it is the winter season here in New York City and with the bacteria generated in the subways I am in constant fear of catching a cold. Does that stuff Airborne work? I know it was created by a teacher but does that mean it works? Well, I really need this response, it's on sale at the local pharmacy. Thanks!

Much love,
To sneeze or not to sneeze?

Treatment for cellulite?

My sister has cellulite, especially in her legs. She went to one of these health clubs to look for a treatment and they put her on something like "lymphatic draining," and gave her some type of algae (Asiatic star or something like that), which is in a spray form that she has to apply to her legs once a week, and in pills once a day. The lymphatic draining worked as follows: they put a gel on her legs and then they covered them with a pair of "air trousers" which was inflating and deflating periodically, like massaging her legs.

Do you have any idea what this is about? Do these treatments really work? I mean, do they eliminate the fat accumulated on local spots, or do they merely "redistribute" it? Where can I read about treatments for cellulite — not those in popular magazines, but something more scientific? Thank you.

Over-the-counter (OTC) hangover meds?

We've noticed that students at our college are asking about these new over-the-counter hangover meds. As student health educators, we don't know where to go for more accurate information on this subject. Do you have any, or can you help us find it?

Thank you,
Curious Peer Educators