Jun 01, 2018

Hairless models: What's their secret?

Hey Alice,

How is it that all the guys I see in magazines and on TV have these perfectly hairless bodies? Most of us are not born with a smooth back, legs, and butt. What is it they use?

Hairy and curious

Curious about hair removal methods

What exactly does a depilatory cream or spray do? How does it work? Does hair grow back thicker and faster than before, like with shaving? For that matter, if you trim hair with a pair of scissors, does that also make it grow back thicker and faster? How about plucking with tweezers?

— Hairy and Curious

To shave or not to shave

I am a new foreign student here in the U.S. from Europe. There, girls don't shave legs or underarm hair. Now, every girl here tells me that I had to shave, should I? I basically don't really want to.

— Christine

Laser hair removal

I am an incoming international student and I would like to keep doing some laser hair removal sessions. I know laser hair removal has become really a "fashion" and I would like to go somewhere safe, since I am concerned with my skin. I do not know the city, and I would like to know if there is any place that can be safe to do this.

Thank you.

Brazilian waxing

I am in love with the method of Brazilian bikini waxing and have been doing it for a couple of months now. I have heard that it may be unsafe or unhealthy to have the entire pubic area waxed, and it could lead to infection. Is this a myth or is there some reality to this warning?