From Time to Time

Feb 17, 2017

No time for a social life!

I am a 22 year old male grad student, now starting my second semester at in graduate school. I have been doing very well academically, but my studies and my work-study job leave me absolutely no time for a social life! I have not been on a date since I got here; though I meet a lot of interesting people, and am in the habit of collecting their phone numbers. However, I can never seem to find any time to spend with them. Sometimes this really depresses me. I have noticed that I have lately been smoking much more heavily than I used to.

Always in a rush to get something done

Time management

How do you find time to be with your friends, family, and boyfriend, and study for school?

Telling the love of my life I need time alone

The almost impossible has happened — I met the most wonderful fella ever! We have so much in common and I feel like I have met my partner for life. But my love wants to spend every weekend together, spend one night together during the week, and go out after work sometimes, too. After the first two months, all of this love and time together is getting a little stifling for me. Last weekend I lied and said I was sick so I could have some time alone. I really want this relationship to work! I don't want hurt his feelings by saying I need a little breathing room, but I don't want to keep making up excuses to spend some time alone. It has been a long time since I was in a relationship and I don't want to muck this one up.

Help!!

Thankful for new found love, but needs to reclaim some solitude!

Best time of day to exercise?

When is the best time of the day to work out? I exercise first thing in the morning, without eating anything beforehand. I just drink water before, during, and after my workout and then eat breakfast about a half hour after I get back from the gym. Am I compromising my workout in any way by not "fueling up" beforehand?

— Early bird exerciser