Taste of semen

Originally Published: September 18, 1998 - Last Updated / Reviewed On: April 25, 2008

I'm in a new relationship and would like to perform oral sex with my partner, but never have experienced my partner actually coming in my mouth. I know this sounds silly, but what does cum taste like and how much is there normally? From conversations I have had with my boyfriend, he would prefer me to "swallow." I'm just not sure I can do that, but would like to at least try, but I don't want to disappoint him by not knowing what to expect.

The quickest and most accurate way to answer your questions is by conducting a simple taste test. The next time your boyfriend ejaculates (before you let him do so in your mouth), dab his semen with your finger and give it a try. It doesn't taste like chicken, but do expect something warm and salty. Beyond that, your very own taste buds and his one-of-a-kind cocktail will combine to create a sensation uniquely yours. Quantity varies from guy to guy, and can be affected by how recently your boyfriend last came. If your chef has never sampled his own semen, ask him to pull up a chair and dig in. Alice believes it's important for partners to understand as best as possible what it is that each asks the other to do.

If his semen leaves a bad taste in your mouth, but you'd like to go back for seconds sometime, Alice's archived answers Do diet and exercise affect the taste of semen? and Girlfriend won't perform oral sex serves up some taste-enhancing tips.

Bon Appetit,

21435

I'm lovin this question. I was terrifyed at the thought of tasting cum before I did, but I did it to get it over with. Alice had some great advice for you and all I can say...

I'm lovin this question. I was terrifyed at the thought of tasting cum before I did, but I did it to get it over with. Alice had some great advice for you and all I can say is you might not love it. I don't mind the taste so much as the actual swallowing of it. For some reason, it sort of freaks me out — I am that way with a lot of things being swallowed such as pills. BUT I still do it because that is what my boyfriend likes. You could also spit it out into a trash can or a sink or the ground or even into a pair of old boxers or a napkin. Whatever is handy. Good luck girl, and just know that it won't kill you.

PS — Yeah it is sort of salty and thick and not all that bad. Definatly not yummy like ice cream or chocolate. But wouldn't that be great?!   ;)

20900

As a guy, I would say your boyfriend probably does not mean he wants you actually to swallow, but that he wants to cum in your mouth and for you to keep sucking as and after he cums...

As a guy, I would say your boyfriend probably does not mean he wants you actually to swallow, but that he wants to cum in your mouth and for you to keep sucking as and after he cums. That is the greatest buzz for a guy. If you want to spit his cum out afterwards, that won't affect his enjoyment.

20510
Alice, For all those boys and men who say their girlfriend, wife, mistress doesn't like to swallow their semen during oral sex should try tasting their own semen first; if you don't like tasting...
Alice, For all those boys and men who say their girlfriend, wife, mistress doesn't like to swallow their semen during oral sex should try tasting their own semen first; if you don't like tasting your own cum, why the hell should your girlfriend like it? My wife regularly gives back to me my own cum. It means a more meaningful relationship to both of us "fuddie duddies" who, at 51, still are in love with each other.