The small penis club

Originally Published: September 1, 1993 - Last Updated / Reviewed On: October 12, 2007

Dear Alice-

My friends and I share a common dilemma: we have, well, less than average penises (in terms of size, that is). We got together and asked the question, "Is it really that important?" Maybe you can help us out on this one.

The small boys

Hey, The small boys —

You really can't be all that unusual — there's already a whole group of you!! Almost every male seems to envy someone else's penis. He wants one that's longer, wider, harder, with more staying power, and he assumes that some other man, or lots of other men, have one just like that. The truth is, there is less variation among hard penises than among soft ones because a smaller soft penis will increase more in size during erection than a larger soft penis.

Men invariably assume that their partner will prefer a bigger penis. The reality is that your partner would most probably prefer a more skilled, caring, warm lover. Maybe you guys could stop focusing on your penis sizes, and instead work on developing your skills and exchanging tips on touching, kissing, caressing and lovemaking. What do you think?

21202
I agree with a lot of the previous comments! The best sex I've ever had is with the man with the smallest penis from the others. One example of this: I used to dread having anyone enter me from...
I agree with a lot of the previous comments! The best sex I've ever had is with the man with the smallest penis from the others. One example of this: I used to dread having anyone enter me from behind - a 6 in. penis would hurt me so much I'd be wailing and not in a good way! It was impossible for me to take any pleasure from that. The smaller penis allowed me to have sex in any position and enjoy it to the fullest extent. I only discovered with a smaller size (allowing me to try more positions) that I could, as a woman, ejaculate. Most women need clitoral stimulation to reach orgasm anyway — size of the penis matters very little to me, as long as there *is* one. In fact, I prefer a smaller size because it just allows me to relax rather than worrying about discomfort in certain positions. A girl just wants to be treated nicely and given some love. Yay for all sizes.

21241

I can't believe some of the posts here about small penises. I'm less than 1" flaccid. When erect I'm almost 3". I've tried the pumps and they work okay; in the pump I can reach...

I can't believe some of the posts here about small penises. I'm less than 1" flaccid. When erect I'm almost 3". I've tried the pumps and they work okay; in the pump I can reach almost 5".  When I remove the pump I stay almost 4" long, but it only lasts a short while and then I shrink back to my 3" length. I'm very limited in sexual positions such as doggy style because I can't take fast or long strokes. And I can only do missionary if she has her legs up and her hips rolled back. I haven't found any other positions that I can penetrate and have sex in — woman on top, or even reverse cowgirl can't be done. So you guys with 4 1/2 to 6" should be happy you got that. It could be worse, you could be me...

21108
The small boys,

Although I am a gay man with an 8" penis, I love men with smaller ones. My first sexual experience was with a fellow student in the 6th grade and we enjoyed fooling around...

The small boys,

Although I am a gay man with an 8" penis, I love men with smaller ones. My first sexual experience was with a fellow student in the 6th grade and we enjoyed fooling around after school in his room when no one was home. I remember enjoying his small member and feeling pleasure instead of pain whenever he entered me.

I have searched high and low over the past 30 years for men who could help bring me back to those happier, exciting times, but it is difficult as these smaller men usually don't let their size be known too often.

To all you men out there... there are those of us who are looking for you!

Thanks for the opportunity to respond.

20759

Thank you for your comments and attitude for penis size issues.

I'm very small, maybe 4.5 to 5 inches when erect. Even though the partners I've had didn't seem to care because I'...

I'm very small, maybe 4.5 to 5 inches when erect. Even though the partners I've had didn't seem to care because I'm very good in other areas, it's always been a hang up for my self-confidence. It's that first time with a woman that scares the heck out of me. But with your info and website, I'm feeling much better about it. Thanks.

20431
Dear Alice, To all the men who question their penis size: While it is true that we find well hung penises to be visually pleasing, size really matters less when it comes to sex. I personally would...
Dear Alice, To all the men who question their penis size: While it is true that we find well hung penises to be visually pleasing, size really matters less when it comes to sex. I personally would rather screw a man with a 4-inch penis than a man with an 11-inch penis if the 4-inch man knows how to use it. My experience has been that extremely well hung men just want to "jam it in" for their own pleasure. Four to 6 inches is just fine, as long as you take time to make love to us. Gabbie

20570

This response is for all those guys out there with small penises. My partner is kinda small... BUT this guy can really turn me on. He kisses and touches me so passionately that it...

This response is for all those guys out there with small penises. My partner is kinda small... BUT this guy can really turn me on. He kisses and touches me so passionately that it drives me wild. There are sexual positions that work better than others, too. Doing it from behind allows for better and deeper penetration and in my opinion, a larger penis can actually hurt. So give it a go and remember all the in between stuff first... it's the most important.

Loves a small one

20981

I was looking through your archives over your summer vacation and just want to comment on the never ending concerns of men about penis size. I recently fell in love with...

I was looking through your archives over your summer vacation and just want to comment on the never ending concerns of men about penis size. I recently fell in love with a man who is, shall we say, on the petite side. And... consistently have with him the best sex I've ever had in my life (I'm forty-three, so that is a fair amount of experience) AND I might add, have had the kind of soul rocking sex that I had only wondered about before I met him. Don't sweat it small guys, love her right and you'll be lucky enough to keep her for the rest of your life.

20982

Alice...

I see there is a debate over the importance of penis size. I have an average size penis and am very satisfied with it. As you said earlier, love making is a combination of...

Alice...

I see there is a debate over the importance of penis size. I have an average size penis and am very satisfied with it. As you said earlier, love making is a combination of many factors. My experience with the females has been great as I've matured to middle age. Psychological factors, such as fantasy, longing, anticipation, "naughtiness," and positive power (dominant/submissive)fantasy are unique to each individual. I'm sure you realize that exploring these with a partner you trust is where the real orgasmic intensity comes from.

Do you think women who seek a large penis do so because of being trained that way to stereotypes (like men who want huge silicone breasts)? Or do you think these women are just way out of shape and think a Kegel is something to eat?

20983

My boyfriend has a small penis as well, but he is the most caring and wonderful person I have ever met. He loves me — and that is what matters to me. He loves me with his...

My boyfriend has a small penis as well, but he is the most caring and wonderful person I have ever met. He loves me — and that is what matters to me. He loves me with his heart. Any woman who cares about penis size in a genuine relationship isn't worth wanting. We women can achieve orgasm with just a little finger even! It is not the size, all the sensations are on the surface. So please guys, do not sweat it. Love her and don't make it an issue. Can she really care about you if it matters to her? Would you really want someone like that? I don't think so.

20314

I just want to say you crack me up. you seem like a sweetheart... I was reading through your stuff and came across someone worried about penis size... well I at one time was worried...

I just want to say you crack me up. you seem like a sweetheart... I was reading through your stuff and came across someone worried about penis size... well I at one time was worried too. (GRIN) Well, I feel better knowing that the average size is 5-3/4 inches (SMILE). (GRIN)

You made my day... but the reason that I wanted to write you is to let people know I found out it's not about just size and penetration...women like feeling touching caressing... and lots of GOOD kisses. GUYS — no slobbering, be passionate. that's what separates the big and little boys... since I've been that way... REAL orgasms are at 90% of the time for her. I love it... remember it's not the size... use it RIGHT and give women what they really want... be a good man... peace