A penis with two holes (Hypospadias)

| Originally Published: February 22, 2002 - Last Updated / Reviewed On: June 22, 2007
Alice, Why does my boyfriend's penis have two holes?

Most likely your boyfriend was born with hypospadias, a relatively common abnormality that may affect up to 3 in 1000 newborn boys. Instead of having a urethral opening at the end of the penis, boys born with hypospadias have an opening on the underside of the shaft.

If this is a problem, the condition can be surgically corrected. Often, surgery is arranged before the child reaches school age. The surgery, performed under anesthesia, involves using a small piece of foreskin to fashion a tube to extend the urethra to the end of the penis. The original hole is most often left as is since the urethra now bypasses it. This probably explains why your boyfriend's penis has two holes; only one is functional.

Have you tried asking your boyfriend about the two openings? He has surely noticed that his penis has two holes and probably knows that this is rather unique; and, if he had surgery, perhaps his parents never told him about it.

It can sometimes be embarrassing to talk about genitals, even with our partners, but open and honest communication is an important part of any healthy relationship. Who knows, maybe once you bring up the subject, he might have some questions for you!

21239

Hey there, just thought I'd mention that I have the same thing, and my fiancé has seen it in other guys so I don't know how really "different" it is. Well you can look at it...

Hey there, just thought I'd mention that I have the same thing, and my fiancé has seen it in other guys so I don't know how really "different" it is. Well you can look at it this way; at least our trouser snakes have depth perception! (Two eyes...ok nevermind...)

20854

If you are not having any pain or unusual discharge (a sign of infection), you should not worry too much. I would go to a doctor just to make sure that there is...

If you are not having any pain or unusual discharge (a sign of infection), you should not worry too much. I would go to a doctor just to make sure that there is no problem or that no problem could develop.

If your lover does not like it, then you might be able to have it surgically repaired, but ONLY if that is what YOU want also.

And you are not a freak at all for having two holes — just a person who has a unique physical feature. Take care.

GF

20775

I have two holes in my penis. They are at the end, with one above and below the other, separated by skin. The bottom hole apparently handles urine. I'm not sure about the top one...

I have two holes in my penis. They are at the end, with one above and below the other, separated by skin. The bottom hole apparently handles urine. I'm not sure about the top one. I have had this condition all my life, not just as an adult. I have had absolutely no problems with urination or sexual functioning. I have also had no problems with urinary tract infections or the like. All is well. I understand I am 1 of 3 in 1,000 men. That is just fine with me and my brothers.