Orgasming while exercising

Originally Published: January 11, 2002 - Last Updated / Reviewed On: April 19, 2013

Hey Alice!

I'm an athlete, and about a year ago, I purchased one of those ab rollers. One time, I was going through the motions and I experienced an orgasm. Now, it happens about every time I use it. I thought it was extremely weird, but then read where women experience orgasms through lots of things. I was just wondering how it is possible for those feelings to happen just by working out my abs. Also, what are some other weird ways that women have had orgasms? Thanks so much.

Abs of Steel

Dear Abs of Steel,

Yowza! You're having what's known in the research world as an "exercise-induced orgasm." In your case, a "coregasm!" You're right, there are many, even surprising ways in which women, as well as men, orgasm. One of which is through exercise. A recent Indiana University study found that a number of women (and men!) have experienced orgasm during all sorts of exercise — climbing, pull-ups, sit-ups, chin-ups, and more. Consider yourself lucky — some people might even envy that you are toning your abs and getting an added perk at the same time!

While some women orgasm from direct stimulation of the clitoris and/or through penetration, others are triggered by a variety of sensations, thoughts, and/or experiences. Orgasming while exercising can occur when doing sit-ups or pelvic thrusts. Muscles in the lower body — the abdomen, pelvic floor, upper thighs, and buttocks — are tightened and released repeatedly. These regular contractions in your lower body can cause arousing feelings and sexual response. The friction from your clothing may be rubbing you in just the right spot when you are doing your crunches, resulting in a rhythmic massage. It's also possible that you are triggering an area of your body that is your own unique erogenous zone. Exercise is also a great way to release emotional, mental, and/or physical tension that, for many, contributes to orgasm, another kind of release.

What about other ways that women orgasm? Well, how long do you have? Women become aroused and are able to orgasm by thinking sexy thoughts, feeling the vibrations while riding a motorcycle, sitting on or leaning against the washing machine during the spin cycle, feeling pressure on their vulva from a bicycle seat while riding, using water pressure from a shower head or faucet, deep breathing techniques that may lead to a euphoric state of mind, sensations from urinating or moving bowels, thrusting against a pillow, receiving a foot massage, or dancing by one's self. Pleasure, pressure, excitement, and orgasm stem from many sources. Enjoy (and never stop learning)!

513235
my personal trainer had me on all fours on that little bench in the work out room. he then straddled me and gently "worked" my abs while straddling my behind. his strong hands felt great on my bear...
my personal trainer had me on all fours on that little bench in the work out room. he then straddled me and gently "worked" my abs while straddling my behind. his strong hands felt great on my bear mid-drift and his leg kept "bumping" my bottom as he pulled me back and forth. Before I knew it, my abs were tensing up and I felt the sensual rush between my legs.... thanks goodness it was late afternoon and not to many men were there to witness my "trainer" man handle me, to big O extacy...

21520

I can't believe someone experienced the same thing I did. Today while working with my personal trainer I experienced a orgasm during an ab work out. I was on my knees, legs spred and...

I can't believe someone experienced the same thing I did. Today while working with my personal trainer I experienced a orgasm during an ab work out. I was on my knees, legs spred and my hands on a wheel. As I went forward I had to tighten my abs and butt and roll the wheel out as far as I could and hold it for five seconds and than he helped me begin to roll back up. This was my first attempt with the wheel but not with ab exercises. We did about three sets of ten and than I felt as if I was going to urinate and I laughed. He asked me what was I laughing at and I told him I felt like I had to go to the bathroom. By the end of the next set I realized that I did not have to urinate because I had had an orgasm. All I could do was chuckle and shake my head in disbelief. How in the heck did this happen? I told him I needed to buy one and keep it at home! LOL

Great exercise!

21513

I thought I might add that I once experienced an orgasm while in the movie theater holding my pee so I wouldn't miss the ending. Quite an experience :)

20509
Alice, I'd like to comment on: ORGASMING WHILE EXERCISING The stomach tension experienced by the lucky "Abs of Steel" is similar to the way some very lucky people, like myself, can achieve orgasm...
Alice, I'd like to comment on: ORGASMING WHILE EXERCISING The stomach tension experienced by the lucky "Abs of Steel" is similar to the way some very lucky people, like myself, can achieve orgasm from climbing up a pole or gym rope. This masturbation without any direct manipulation of the genitals is a discreet way of having pleasure while fully clothed. Exercising combined with the joy of orgasm!! Glenn