Nice names for naughty bits

Originally Published: March 9, 2007 - Last Updated / Reviewed On: October 23, 2009

I don't think dick and pussy are respectful names for the penis and vagina. What are some respectful names for genitalia that are also "hot"?

Thanks.

People's definition of what's respectful (and hot) can differ from person to person, couple to couple — it's up to you and your partner to decide what you're comfortable saying. Luckily, there are a good number of terms that can be used to describe the naughty bits.

For an international flavor, you can try some slang terms in different languages. Nicknames for the penis include chinchin in Japanese, badajo in Spanish, verga in Portuguese, uccello in Italian, and schwanz in German. You can even borrow the names of famous landmarks, like the Eiffel Tower or Big Ben. When it comes to the vagina, the Spanish almeja, Hindi bhosdo, Portuguese cona, or the Japanese manko may hit the spot.

If you'd rather stay local while you're in the sack, you can name your or your partner's fiddly bits after foods. Try egg roll, lap taffy, love loaf, meat popsicle, or snack trays for his bratwurst. Or, you can call her fish taco a fur-burger, golden dough nut, honey pot, sugar walls, or red snapper.

If these terms are still leaving you hungry and not yet satisfied, try thinking through your own relationship for memorable experiences, inside jokes, pet names, etc. for some inspiration. People have been known to come up with all kinds of names, from doodle-dandy (penis) to goolies (testicles) and knackers (scrotum), from chest puppies (breasts) to the winking eye (vagina). Most of all, remember to have fun when you're finding new, beautiful-sounding names. After all, there's nothing sexier than a great sense of humor.

21603
To the reader,

Make up your own nicknames for them. Like "Sally" or "Susana" for the vagina, or maybe "Peter" or "Louis" for the penis.

To the reader,

21540

Are you kidding me? Those names are likely to turn most girls off. I've found that the majority of girls bristle at anything that sounds harsh, or porn-like. Maybe I'm just...

Are you kidding me? Those names are likely to turn most girls off. I've found that the majority of girls bristle at anything that sounds harsh, or porn-like. Maybe I'm just dating too many "nice" girls, but they have healthy sexual appetites so I doubt it. I've had better luck with muffin, coochie, sweet thing, than with anything more graphic. I'm no prude, at all, but seriously, use some creativity when trying to appeal to a sensual woman. Meat curtains, etc., just doesn't seem to be the way to a girl's heart.