Need more information on cunnilingus

Originally Published: February 16, 1995 - Last Updated / Reviewed On: May 8, 2014

I enjoy performing cunnilingus on my partner and she enjoys receiving it as well. Are there any techniques that can help me increase the pleasure she receives from oral sex? Where could I find books relating to this subject?

--Oral Man

Dear Oral Man,

Your partner is the best resource you have available to answer your question. Ask her what she likes and dislikes. What turns her lights on before you go down on her and what keeps her going while you are doing it. Pay attention to her signals (moans and cries of delight or discomfort) as you try variations of your own style. You could also ask her about her fantasies.

If you want some other ideas you may want to try the Good Vibrations: How to Go Down on a Woman guide. This website will give you some more information on positions, safer sex, using toys, and understanding your partner’s body language.

In terms of books on the subject, you may want to try Good Vibrations. All titles are individually reviewed and confidentiality and satisfaction are guaranteed by the company. You could also try Babeland’s book section. Both of these stores have books on many different topics, including oral sex.