My boyfriend likes to wear women's underwear

Originally Published: February 24, 2006

My boyfriend likes to wear my underwear. Not just before we have sex, but just all the time. He's not gay or anything, he says he just "likes the way it feels." Is this normal? Is it something that all guys go through? Should I be worried? It doesn't bother me. I actually kinda think it's sexy, but I was just wondering if there was something else going on?

Wondering in TX

Dear Wondering,

Sometimes, in the heat of the moment, you'll think to yourself: "Wait, is what I'm doing normal?" The word "normal" is open to interpretation, but sex play or activities that are consensual and unharmful are definitely normal.  Since you said in your letter that you like it when your boyfriend wears your underwear, there is absolutely nothing unhealthy or abnormal about your guy wearing your panties. 

Think of it this way: Considering that much of women's underwear is lace, satin or silk, and men's underwear is usually cotton, it's not surprising that there are men who prefer women's underwear. There are women who prefer to wear men's boxers or briefs, and men who prefer to wear women's panties. Your boyfriend might also like having a "piece" of you with him when he's out and about, and it's great that you think it's sexy.

"Crossdressing," which is generally defined as wearing the clothes of the opposite sex, is not indicative of homosexuality. Some gay men and lesbians choose to crossdress, but they do not have a monopoly on dressing in drag. Wearing women's underwear is probably not a phase that all guys go through, but many straight men enjoy wearing women's clothes and probably just as many enjoy wearing women's panties under their male clothes.

As long as you have enough underwear for the both of you, more power to you and your boyfriend.

591810
A few weeks ago as a lark I bought a pack of women's panties with an order of men's underwear. When my order came in I tried them on and found them not only comfortable but quite possibly the best...
A few weeks ago as a lark I bought a pack of women's panties with an order of men's underwear. When my order came in I tried them on and found them not only comfortable but quite possibly the best underwear I have ever worn. As an adult I've been trying to find underwear that was comfortable. Either I found things too loose (boxers/briefs) or too tight (smaller size briefs). But the panties seemed to hold everything right where I wanted without any discomfort. So as of last week I've decided that I'm through with men's underwear and will wear panties into the future. I've even taken the plunge and shopped at a physical Victoria's Secret store for myself. The SAs were very laid back and accepting of it. Of course I still love how a woman looks in a pair of panties. Absolutely sexy.

590788
I love to wear panties but my wife doesn't like that I do it. The feel of the silky fabrics along with it being kinky or taboo makes me feel great. I have done it since I was a young boy. Do panties...
I love to wear panties but my wife doesn't like that I do it. The feel of the silky fabrics along with it being kinky or taboo makes me feel great. I have done it since I was a young boy. Do panties fit like mens underwear? No but I like the way it fits and feels.

534342
I disagree. Actually, it's not normal. That's what makes it exciting and kinky. Kinky can be a huge turn-on. To the older folks here, was it "normal" to have sex at a drive-in movie? Well, ok, maybe...
I disagree. Actually, it's not normal. That's what makes it exciting and kinky. Kinky can be a huge turn-on. To the older folks here, was it "normal" to have sex at a drive-in movie? Well, ok, maybe it was, in a way...lol. But it was kinky. Imagine, getting naked in your car, surrounded by all those other people. OK, so maybe most of them were doing the same thing. But, back to wearing stuff...I've been doing it for years, but for one different reason than most. I wear stuff under my regular clothes in front of everyone and they...don't...know...it. That's what makes it exciting. Why do I do it? Well, some years ago a lady friend of mine stopped wearing all undergarments after she got a boob job. Being a regular guy I thought that was so hot! But I wondered what GUYS could do to get the same "I'm-doing-it-in-front-of-everyone-and-they-don't-know-it-and-its-really-an-exciting-turn-on-effect"? When she suggested wearing panties, I knew right away that that was the answer. I wear a lot more now, situation permitting, including garters & stockings, pantyhose, bras and the like. Through the natural progression of things I began to wear outer wear, too, but thats only at home. Anyway, try it, you just might like it.

528045
I'm a straight guy but I love wearing panties. It feels more comfortable than wearing boxers. I've learned a lot of straight men have sexual fetishes for women's panties and it does not make them gay...
I'm a straight guy but I love wearing panties. It feels more comfortable than wearing boxers. I've learned a lot of straight men have sexual fetishes for women's panties and it does not make them gay or anything but more of a turn on. Wearing women's panties are fun and comfortable underneath your own clothes depends on what color, fabrics and styles you like.

525291
I am a guy and I have been wearing panties for years. They feel so much better than boxers. They are in so many different styles, colors, cuts, fabrics than guys underwear. I only have one or two...
I am a guy and I have been wearing panties for years. They feel so much better than boxers. They are in so many different styles, colors, cuts, fabrics than guys underwear. I only have one or two pairs of guys underwear and they are both bikini briefs. Otherwise, I wear panties and love it. So far, no gf has been turned off by it. If anything they have found really cute and sexy and it has improved our sex life.

519676
I am reading this page wearing women's panties, tights, a bra and an underskirt which feels so natural on me. I have to to say that M+S underwear is so comfortable to wear and is so sensuous and...
I am reading this page wearing women's panties, tights, a bra and an underskirt which feels so natural on me. I have to to say that M+S underwear is so comfortable to wear and is so sensuous and seems so natural. So if you feel the need to wear women's underwear go and do it. It's an experience you will enjoy and is for you a turn on!

514543
I wear women thongs and strings all the time in summer, because: 1. I can't stand boxers(I can't feel my wallet on my back pocket). 2. without air conditioning it is too hot in briefs. 3. women...
I wear women thongs and strings all the time in summer, because: 1. I can't stand boxers(I can't feel my wallet on my back pocket). 2. without air conditioning it is too hot in briefs. 3. women thongs are cheaper 4. women thongs hold my package in place (men's thongs don't do it well). 5. my girlfriend thinks my butt looks better. Mainly I wear black cotton thongs with a bit of lycra and I take precaution not to show my panties in public. Don't fight it embrace it!

513993
Alice, yes, you are right and I stongly agree with your opinion! it is such a turn on for me to read this article! I have enjoyed wearing nylon spandex full coverage breifs for a very long time now!...
Alice, yes, you are right and I stongly agree with your opinion! it is such a turn on for me to read this article! I have enjoyed wearing nylon spandex full coverage breifs for a very long time now! as a married man for 25 yrs, I am not gay, or do I fantasized over having sex with another man! I just enjoy the extreme feeling of freedom and comfort I feel from wearing soft silky panties! If you havent tried guys, Im just sayn!

513528
my boyfriend wears panties and bras....he acutally says he would prefer to be a woman...but that will never happen....i think he is struggling with his sexuality because of this...he knows he will...
my boyfriend wears panties and bras....he acutally says he would prefer to be a woman...but that will never happen....i think he is struggling with his sexuality because of this...he knows he will never be a woman...but thinks he should be...i try to be understanding...but its hard...i mean he wants me to play the part of the man...and i dont mind sometimes...but i AM a woman and i want to be treated as such....so i am kinda in a pickle if u know what i mean....i dont mind that he wants to feel like a woman sometimes...and we fight sometimes cuz i want him to treat me the same way...lol....its rather annoying sometimes...anyways i know alot of men that like to wear womens panties and they are totally straight.

510041
very good answer, I know a lot of men who really enjoy the feeling and the secret of wearing panties and bras. I doesn't mean their gay or queer, it means they like the risk, the feeling and the...
very good answer, I know a lot of men who really enjoy the feeling and the secret of wearing panties and bras. I doesn't mean their gay or queer, it means they like the risk, the feeling and the enjoy their boys being covered in a sexy panty. No harm. As a mater of fact I love my hubby to wear them to sleep in every night and I get to feel his silky butt and goodies. No he doesn't cross dress or wear womans cloths, just panties. Not a big deal. buy him his own and let him get used to them by him self.