Masturbation: It's still okay

| Originally Published: January 10, 1997 - Last Updated / Reviewed On: July 9, 1998

Hey Alice,

I heard a lot of people saying masturbation is the best way to relieve oneself, but doesn't it cause harm?

Assuming that by, "relieving oneself," you mean answering sexual urges, then, of course, masturbation is one great way to experience self-pleasure. As long as you're not stimulating yourself in public, or refusing food, friends, and gainful employment because you can't keep your hands off your privates, then the only masturbation-related harm will remain with those who poo-poo it, and the effect that their ignorance or moral beliefs have on people seeking to satisfy a most natural desire.

Go wild,

512934
pleasure is good, thanks for all your encouragement for masturbation. I love to do it!