Male with large nipples

Originally Published: November 1, 1993 - Last Updated / Reviewed On: November 18, 2011

I am an eighteen-year-old male and I have had an embarrassing problem my entire life. My nipples are rather large and round. I'm not fat, and the rest of my body looks normal, but my nipples protrude and look very strange. I have spent much time doing every chest exercise imaginable, and although my chest muscles seem to grow, my nipples just get pushed out further. This has been a source of insecurity for me for a very long time. I am ashamed to take off my shirt in front of others. I really think that my nipples are the only thing keeping me from having a nice body. Is there anything that can be done to correct this problem?

—Awful Chest

Dear Awful Chest,

Both women and men have nipples of all sizes and shapes. Nipples may be prominent or inverted. The area surrounding the nipple may be large or small, darker or lighter, hairy or hairless. These individual differences often cause needless anxiety, which seems to be accurate in your case. With all the media attention lately on men's bodies, many men begin to think that there is only one way to look — one preferred body type. In reality, there are as many body types as there are men, and as many individual preferences for types of bodies as there are people. What you need to do is: (1) Put some effort into accepting your nipples as they are; (2) Remember that when you take off your shirt, everyone else is not scrutinizing and criticizing your nipples the way you are in your head; and, (3) Find a partner who gets turned on by your kind of nipples.

528412
I am a man obsessed with large nipples on another man. They just send me into over drive. I could enjoy them all day and night long. So be proud of your nips, they would make me crazy.

21624
I agree. Nipples on a guy, especially large or larger nipples, are viewed and felt highly erotically to me (and this is coming from a gay male). Be proud of such a beautiful part of your body. I...
I agree. Nipples on a guy, especially large or larger nipples, are viewed and felt highly erotically to me (and this is coming from a gay male). Be proud of such a beautiful part of your body. I would love to enlarge mine, in fact.

21146
you are very lucky. I wish I could enlarge my nipples. I love them and wish they were bigger.

20997

RE: Male with large nipples

I would not concern yourself about your large nipples. It is you that the person you are with likes or they would not be with you. As long as you...

RE: Male with large nipples

I would not concern yourself about your large nipples. It is you that the person you are with likes or they would not be with you. As long as you please your partner and she pleases you that is all that matters. Be thankful because there is someone for all of us. Keep working at your relationship and enjoy life to the fullest. It is not your body, it is what you do with body that counts. As long as you give and receive pleasure that is the key to a good relationship.

20571
Alice, Regarding the question from "Awful Chest" concerning his large nipples and what to do about them: Although I've never seen his nipples, I can say as a heterosexual female that men's nipples...
Alice, Regarding the question from "Awful Chest" concerning his large nipples and what to do about them: Although I've never seen his nipples, I can say as a heterosexual female that men's nipples are, to me, an integral part of the male body. The fact that they don't perform the more obvious function of providing milk doesn't mitigate their significance or importance. Men's nipples can be a source of great joy and pleasure to men and women. They are sensitive and expressive, and, yes, so unique to each man. I agree with Alice. First of all, don't refer to yourself as "Awful Chest," and celebrate your nipples as a unique gift, all the more special. Men's nipples remind us that men, too, have great nurturing qualities, just as much as women, in their own way. They remind us that we're all in this species together. Many men have discovered that their nipples can give extreme pleasure — and many women are turned on by men's nipples. Men's nipples are very masculine symbols of the strength of men's nurturing qualities. Finally, please consider the alternative to your large nipples that have so troubled you: Imagine yourself with NO nipples at all. Now, that's weird. So I urge you to accept and celebrate your nipples, and welcome all they can give you. To do so would be to accept and celebrate yourself more fully. Cheers, Diana

20572
Alice, A few years ago my sister and I stayed with friends near Florence, and our room overlooked the balcony of the middle-aged Italian couple opposite. They spent hours soaking up the sun, and we...
Alice, A few years ago my sister and I stayed with friends near Florence, and our room overlooked the balcony of the middle-aged Italian couple opposite. They spent hours soaking up the sun, and we were intrigued by the husband's nipples — in shape, colour, and size, they resembled a couple of raspberries poking through his chest hair (I'm sure yours aren't that big!) They may have been unusual, but we certainly didn't find them repulsive, and nor did the man's wife — one evening, we were amused to see her leaning over and giving his right nipple an affectionate squeeze! I assure you that many women find large male nipples very sexy...

20573
Dear Alice, RE: large male nipples I am a fifty-three-year-old male and have large nipples, as well. However, I find them very erotic and enjoy the feelings I get when they are brushed up against...
Dear Alice, RE: large male nipples I am a fifty-three-year-old male and have large nipples, as well. However, I find them very erotic and enjoy the feelings I get when they are brushed up against by just about anything. They are quite pointy as I am on testosterone and have seen them grow the past few years. I am quite proud of how they protrude and oft times, I hope they get bigger. My wife loves them and loves to play with them. Just enjoy the hell out of them. Not everyone is as fortunate!!!!!!!!!!

20574
Dear Alice, This man might have gynecomastia. During puberty, many men have a surge of hormones that lead to partial breast development. Even though a true female breast never forms, excess tissue...
Dear Alice, This man might have gynecomastia. During puberty, many men have a surge of hormones that lead to partial breast development. Even though a true female breast never forms, excess tissue below the nipple can distort the nipple's appearance. If this man does have gynecomastia, it is a disservice to tell him to just "accept his appearance." There are quick and safe surgical procedures to correct gynecomastia. This man does not need to live with this problem if it is causing him embarrassment.

20426
Dear Alice, In response to Male with large nipples: I have fairly large nipples, about silver dollar size, that protrude as well. When I was a teenager, I found them too...
Dear Alice, In response to Male with large nipples: I have fairly large nipples, about silver dollar size, that protrude as well. When I was a teenager, I found them too large, unattractive, and even had people comment on them being large on a skinny guy like me. I have learned to like them and have found that many sexual partners have actually been turned on by their size and sensitivity. When I was a teenager, they were somewhat more swollen than they appear now and were sometimes sensitive. I asked my doctor about it and he said that during puberty (which can keep occurring into your early 20s), males and females will exhibit swelling and sensitivity in their nipples. But hey, it's your body, you'll have it forever, learn to love it. Large nipples and all.