Kissing with facial hair: A turn-on or aturn-off?

Originally Published: April 24, 1998

Hey Alice,

Are women less likely to want to kiss me because I have a (neatly trimmed) beard and mustache ? Any idea on how much less likely women might be to kiss a hairy face?

Alice didn't spend a lot of time tracking down data to provide you a more concrete answer (one would certainly be hard to find), but she thinks it's safe to say that some women (and men) go wild over facial hair, while others would rather kiss a hot iron. Our tastes vary widely, as they do when it comes to height, eye color, muscle tone, navel status (innie or outie), foot size, etc. Alice would also bet that current and future partners are more likely to be turned off by someone with bad breath, poor oral hygiene, or an unkempt or dirty beard or mustache (full of lint, saliva, or food particles) than they would be by "regular old" face hair. The cool thing about facial hair is that it can be altered, removed,... and reinstated.

553082
Some girls find it attractive and some girls don't. It all depends on what you and your partner like. I don't mind it as long as it's not prickly so it doesn't hurt.

508874
I actually asked my boyfriend to let his facial hair grow. I prefer kissing with some "scruffiness" much more than kissing his prickly stubble. I also think it makes him look more mature and more...
I actually asked my boyfriend to let his facial hair grow. I prefer kissing with some "scruffiness" much more than kissing his prickly stubble. I also think it makes him look more mature and more attractive. So no worries! There are definitely women out there who will love your facial hair!

507617
I personally adore facial hair on a guy. The one recommendation I have for folks with facial hair is to mind the pressure. I dated one guy I refused to kiss unless he was clean shaven because he...
I personally adore facial hair on a guy. The one recommendation I have for folks with facial hair is to mind the pressure. I dated one guy I refused to kiss unless he was clean shaven because he always ground his face into mine. Whether you have five o'clock shadow, four days of scruff, or a full on soup catcher, always check in with your kissing partner to make sure you aren't scrubbing the skin off their face.