It's Friday, so where are the new questions and answers?

Originally Published: October 26, 2001 - Last Updated / Reviewed On: August 24, 2012

I would just like to complain that you said that new questions and answers were going to be posted every Friday. Well it's Friday, and the same old questions are still there. When will the new ones be up? Otherwise your site is great and has good advice and answers on it. I just wish you could post the new questions soon as I asked one. Love you, Alice.

—x

Dear x,

Thanks for your bittersweet letter. Unless something has changed, Fridays have twenty-four hours, so technically, posting the new questions and answers during any one of those hours would fulfill our ongoing commitment to posting newbies on Fridays. It's possible that you're writing from Japan, or China, or Australia, where it's tomorrow already, making Saturday the posting day in your neighborhood.

As far as responding to your questions right away, patience is definitely a virtue. Speedy replies almost always take a back seat to answers that take a while to research, write, edit, review, edit some more, etc. The advice given to others like you who are frustrated by this Go Ask Alice! fact of life goes like this: make sure you check the archive to see if a question similar to yours was previously answered, and know that every question submitted (over 500 a week, at the moment) is read.

Now, this is the good part: you are the perfect candidate for Get Alice! in Your Box. By signing up, you will automatically receive an e-mail every Friday with links to the newly posted Q&As, the Theme of the Week, the Poll of the week, and more. While it is not sent at 12:01 AM on Friday mornings, but at least you won't have to keep checking the site with the hope that new material has finally been posted.

Mucho appreciation for your eagerness, visits, and passionate feedback,