Is it semen, or floor wax?

Originally Published: March 14, 2003 - Last Updated / Reviewed On: April 4, 2003

Why does my cum smell like bleach? I have tried everything but it always smells like Pine Fresh.

Can you help me?

Indeed, lots of men and their partners enjoy making the cum come out, but shortly after it arrives, they'd like that cum to go. Laundry rooms, swimming pools, and hospitals, and their abundance of cleaning chemicals, are among semen's top 10 odor associations because, like most store-bought cleansers, home-spun spunk also contains ammonia and other sterile-smellin' alkaloids. Our fluids sometimes have odors that we find good, bad, or not much to write home about, and often they smell different at different times depending on things, such as one's health, the food that was recently eaten, the quantity of liquid released, and the length of time it's been lying around.

Since you've tried everything without any luck, the scent of your semen is probably set in like a stubborn grass stain. So, how about masking its smell with another, more pleasant one: scented candles, incense, tropical room sprays, or lubes and condoms with aromas that put you in a pleasure spiral, not a rinse cycle.

It's understandable that you'd prefer your ejaculate perfume the air with the fragrance of fancy colognes or cookies just out of the oven. But you know, a current or future partner might find your lemony-fresh love juice so fab that s/he will whisk you away and shout from surf to shining surf that a bright new day has turned the tide against our tendency to cling to the idea that everything emanating from our bodies should bounce off the nostrils with the joy and freshness of a new baby's behind.

So cheer up,

20475
Hey there Alice, I was doing a search to try and find out why cum can have that ammonia-ish smell, and found your March 14th, 2003 topic. I'd like to add that drinking pineapple juice will make your...
Hey there Alice, I was doing a search to try and find out why cum can have that ammonia-ish smell, and found your March 14th, 2003 topic. I'd like to add that drinking pineapple juice will make your come smell citrus fresh.