A foot-massage makes any woman orgasmic?

Originally Published: March 7, 2008 - Last Updated / Reviewed On: July 18, 2011

I read a story that really surprised me and don't know if that's true or not. A girl claimed that she met a guy who "could pleasure any woman without taking off her clothes," and that guy did help many girls reached huge orgasms by massaging their feet.

Is that possible? I understand some women can reach orgasm by foot massage, but a massage technique that makes EVERY woman have an orgasm?

It is possible to bring a woman to orgasm through non-genital touch, even through a foot massage. However, since every person is different and what brings them to orgasm varies, it seems unlikely that there is a massage technique that can make every woman orgasm. But it certainly is an interesting story!

You may be surprised to know that the most important sex organ is the brain. The brain interprets sensory stimuli (such as touch, taste, smell, etc.) and sends signals to the body that create arousal. Any form of touching can be interpreted as sexually stimulating, though some part of the body, known as erogenous zones, are more likely to elicit arousal. The primary erogenous zones include:

• genitals
  • anus
  • breasts
  • inner thighs
  • armpits
  • navel
  • neck
  • mouth
  • ears

Secondary erogenous zones include almost all other parts of the body, and the extent to which touching these areas leads to arousal depends on personal preference. This is not to say that if a woman is aroused by having a foot massage she'll orgasm every time her feet are touched — arousal and sexual stimulation come in large part from context. If her feet are being massages in a sexually intimate setting, it is very possible that this sensation of touch could bring her to orgasm.

Be sure to check out a similar question about orgasming with an ab roller. As you can see, what makes a person orgasm can vary widely — which helps keep life interesting!