Fiancé laughs after orgasm

Originally Published: January 21, 2000 - Last Updated / Reviewed On: January 23, 2009

Can you please tell me why my fiancé laughs after he ejaculates... is it common or should I take it personally????

People express their sexuality and sexual enjoyment through an incredibly vast range of behaviors. Laughter after ejaculation falls well within the range of other idiosyncratic but common behaviors. Other expressions after climax include crying, yawning, sighing, swearing, and a hearty praising of the Lord. These behaviors are quite natural after-effects of the tension release and emotional catharsis that can come along with coming.

While not out of the range of normal, if this behavior causes you doubt or discomfort, why not try talking to your fiancé about your concern? Understanding where the laughter is coming from may set your mind at ease. If it doesn't, you could try telling him how it makes you feel. Perhaps together you can come up with a new after-ejaculation response. Open and honest communication can help solve this quandary and will likely serve you as well in a long and healthy relationship.

589155
I sometimes laugh uncontrollably and now my wife does the same. She actually used to have a good cry (which I didn't mind but I needed reassuring to begin with), but now she more often laughs as well...
I sometimes laugh uncontrollably and now my wife does the same. She actually used to have a good cry (which I didn't mind but I needed reassuring to begin with), but now she more often laughs as well. It's all good! Especially when you laugh and cry all at once. Haha!

550858
This happens to me all the time. I am a female, and each time my husband and I finish having sex (when I orgasm) it is uncontrollable laughter to the point where I have tears running down my face. It...
This happens to me all the time. I am a female, and each time my husband and I finish having sex (when I orgasm) it is uncontrollable laughter to the point where I have tears running down my face. It has to do with the release that is taking place. Your body has so much energy surging through it that the laughter has NOTHING to do with something being "funny". It is just an expression. My husband and I sometimes laugh uncontrollably together after we have sex. I hear that when two people are in love, their orgasms often sync up, which makes the shared laughter that much better.... Just a tip: the longer/greater the laughter, the more intense the orgasm is/was!!!

536722
I laugh so hard it makes my girlfriend join in. She worried for about two seconds then realized I was just so overwhelmed with emotion, What a great feeling. Sure beat feeling sad after.

21099

I suggest asking your fiance what motivates the laughing. I know that for my partner and I, laughing after orgasm indicates that we had a really great one.

20957

to the Reader—

I often laugh hysterically after orgasm, usually after my boyfriend performs oral sex on me. He had the same concern that you do, but I explained to him...

to the Reader—

I often laugh hysterically after orgasm, usually after my boyfriend performs oral sex on me. He had the same concern that you do, but I explained to him that my orgasms are sometimes so intense that I laugh to blow off a little steam. It sounds to me that you are doing a great job. ;)