Does Alice respond directly to inquirers?

Originally Published: January 15, 1999 - Last Updated / Reviewed On: March 19, 2015
(1) Dear Alice,

If you answer a question on your web site, do you also send the answer to the individual? Which is to ask, do I need to keep checking in to see if you've answered my question?

(2) Dear Alice,

Did you receive my question from Sunday? If so, do you give individual responses?

(3)Hi Alice,

Is it possible that you answer a question privately? In other words, can I be sure that my question won't be posted on the Internet, and still get my answer?

—lonely grad student

Dear Reader #1, Reader #2, and lonely grad student,

As important as each of your questions are, Go Ask Alice! is not an immediate or direct response site and unfortunately is not able to provide individual responses. The site can be used, however, to learn about resources including websites and various health organizations who are equipped to give answers more quickly.

Also, the Go Ask Alice! site has a wealth of stored information, ready to be opened and read. The questions answered by Go Ask Alice! are available so you can search through the archives for a possible answer to your question. Whether you're interested in health issues related to alcohol and other drugs, emotional health, general health, nutrition and physical activity, relationships, or sexual and reproductive health, there is a lot of helpful information available here.

To see whether or not your question has been answered and posted on the website, consider signing up for Get Alice! In Your Box (GAIYB); every Friday five new or updated questions are published to the homepage (one of those questions could be yours!). GAIYB is sent out via email soon after the publish — you can scan the email to see if your question has been answered. Visiting the website regularly is also an option (and a good one at that). You can check out the Recently Posted Q&As to keep up with questions Go Ask Alice! has recently answered. Using the site's search engine (accessed by using the search box at the top right corner of every page on the site) is another option. The titles of questions are usually named using at least one key word from the main topic of the question. Even if the key word(s) that you enter are not in the title that has been created, a list of Q&As with those key words in the text will appear. The search engine scans all of the Go Ask Alice! categories, so there's no need to figure out where your question has been placed.

Best of luck finding the information you need! And if your question hasn't been answered here, you can always ask again....