Do diet and exercise affect the taste of semen?

Originally Published: October 10, 1997

Hello Alice,

I am a 23 year old vegetarian male, though I eat fish and milk products. I would like to know how I can improve the taste of my sperm, as my girlfriend greatly dislikes the taste. I am interested to know how diet and exercise can improve the taste. Your reply would be greatly appreciated, as this is a topic that is difficult to talk to health professionals about.

The taste of, and the taste for, semen is unique to all of us. You can experiment with your diet to see how the taste of your cum, or its intensity, changes with your food choices, if it changes at all. For example, you could try cutting out milk or dairy products, or avoiding cauliflower, broccoli, or asparagus, to see if your girlfriend (or you) notices a difference. Also, if you like to eat foods that are heavy on the garlic and onions, you may want to limit these as well because they tend to produce strong odors. Regardless, these foods provide important nutrients, so consider your dietary changes carefully. Do you also smoke or drink alcohol? If so, you may want to stop smoking or limit your alcohol use because these substances may also leave a bad taste in your girlfriend's mouth. Regarding exercise's influence on cum taste, you or your girlfriend could sample your semen before and after you work-out to see if you can taste a difference. Remember, whether or not you alter your diet or exercise patterns, your semen, like your breath and perspiration, have a taste and smell all their own — so, any modifications you make may only have a limited effect.

Perhaps, the taste of your semen isn't even the problem. Maybe you want your partner to do something that she does not want to do. The two of you might want to explore this possibility together. Also read the archived Alice! question, GF won't swallow cum, because the answer touches upon similar issues.

In the meantime, Alice suggests thinking about the fun and pleasurable things that you already do together, rather than focusing on what is distasteful to her.

506174
I had a guy that liked pineapple juice and after a week of him drinking it his semen tasted really sweet. I think whatever you eat will make ur seman taste different but like Alice said you have to...
I had a guy that liked pineapple juice and after a week of him drinking it his semen tasted really sweet. I think whatever you eat will make ur seman taste different but like Alice said you have to find what works.