Big penis mistaken for erect one

Originally Published: January 26, 2001 - Last Updated / Reviewed On: September 23, 2009

In recent years, I have developed a slightly large penis. It isn't huge, only about 7.5 inches hard. The problem is that when limp, it is noticeable through my pants. Sometimes, I am accused of having erections when I do not have them and it is embarrassing when that happens. Also, it happens at places where that is very unacceptable, like family functions and work. Wearing briefs isn't an option because they are constrictive. If I wear baggy pants(which isn't really my style), that helps a little, but then I really do get erections too easily since there isn't anything putting up any resistance. What I really need to know is if there is a comfortable way to hide it that I have not thought of.

P.S.: Please nothing involving tape. It pulls off hairs when I take it off, but it does seem to hide it well when it's taped to my leg.

Hmmm. Since it doesn't sound like you're standing in the lunch line or sitting there at Uncle Fred's funeral actively fondling yourself, maybe those fixated on your crotch should be the embarrassed ones. Let's remember that erections are completely normal happenings that pop up even when unprovoked by direct physical, visual, or mental stimulation. Being accused of sporting a hard-on is like being made fun of for sneezing, but the latter probably doesn't happen very often. Why not? Well, one might deduct that the perception of an erection, or anything having to do with the ol' penis, is something that makes people uncomfortable, nervous, jealous, or even intrigued. Pointing at your pants could be their way of dealing with this discomfort. Penises, clitorises, nipples, etc. — aroused or not — aren't bad, and don't make their owners sex-crazed perverts. Feeling like you have to hide them, and having the finger of shame pointed at you as you've described, can certainly lead you to think that there's something bad about all this stuff — and, this would be a shame.

Analysis aside, it's totally understandable that you want to figure out how to do away with all this attention... now! So, let's start by looking at your briefs again for a moment. Have you tried different brands in different styles and sizes? Maybe you'll come up with something less confining that'll keep your penis a little closer to home. What about wearing shirts, sweaters, sweatshirts, jackets, etc. that cover you below the belt when sitting and standing? Or, in line with your tape experiment, would a clean, cloth sweatband do the trick? You could even consider visiting a tailor to discuss how to wear pants that accommodate your penis, and everything else.

In time, and with more confidence that you have nothing to hide, you could just decide to hold your heads high and let the looks and comments fall where they may.

21552

I'm 19, and have a similar situation. I found that when I reverted to the underwear of choice as a child, aka "thighty whiteys" it has seemed to solved my problem. It sucks...

I'm 19, and have a similar situation. I found that when I reverted to the underwear of choice as a child, aka "thighty whiteys" it has seemed to solved my problem. It sucks being a bass player at a church and the only piece of wood people seem to see is the one in my pants. Hopefully that might help.

21137

This is solvable. I am a carpenter, and I used to be very uncomfortable working outside in the heat and humidity. Cotton T-shirts sag and stretch when wet from sweat, and they...

This is solvable. I am a carpenter, and I used to be very uncomfortable working outside in the heat and humidity. Cotton T-shirts sag and stretch when wet from sweat, and they become heavy. This applies to briefs as well. My solution was compression shorts. Some are made with a "high tech" fabric designed to wick away perspiration. These work great, but they can be a bit pricey ($12 to $30). The most comfortable are the boxer briefs.

Hope this helps.

21048

RE: Big penis mistaken for erect one

This same thing has happened to me for years, when I was your age I just wore oversized shirts. They hang down to conceal the crotch...

RE: Big penis mistaken for erect one

This same thing has happened to me for years, when I was your age I just wore oversized shirts. They hang down to conceal the crotch area and in high school oversized clothes are permissable. I know what you mean about briefs, they can be very constrictive for guys like us. It's just that they are designed with 90% of the population in mind. We are on that other 10% and are out of luck, I'm a lefty too :P I'm 24 now and work a professional job so large shirts don't pass. And people will notice the bump in your pants, but very few will have a verbal reaction because they aren't immature high school students anymore. The worst you get is an awkward stare at your crotch and that's the end of it. At 15 you may consider your above average size to be more of a bother or embarrassment, but when you start dating you'll see it as a blessing when it gets a whole differant kind of attention. As far as concealment until your friends mature, I would suggest oversized shirts. Good luck.