I'm a seventeen-year-old man and my problem is that I only like tall girls and I don't feel anything about shorter, beautiful girls. It's something that troubles me and I would like some advice. Thanks!

One size doesn’t fit all in this situation because everyone comes in different shapes and sizes. As cliché as it may sound, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What attracts you to another individual doesn’t have to conform to any norms or standards aside from your own personal preference.

You mentioned liking only tall girls and not having the same feelings toward shorter girls. Why do you think this might be? Are you concerned because you feel you should be attracted to shorter women? What about liking tall women is troubling to you? By answering these questions, perhaps you will feel less troubled about your attraction to taller women. After all, there is nothing shameful or wrong about being attracted to taller women.    

If you are still conflicted or troubled by your attraction to taller women, or if you would like to talk to someone about it, feel free to seek support by making an appointment with a professional counselor or therapist. Columbia students on the Morningside campus can make an appointment with Counseling and Psychological Services. Students at the Medical Center can make an appointment with Mental Health Services.

0