Dear Alice-

My friends and I share a common dilemma: we have, well, less than average penises (in terms of size, that is). We got together and asked the question, "Is it really that important?" Maybe you can help us out on this one.

The small boys

Hey, The small boys —

You really can't be all that unusual — there's already a whole group of you!! Almost every male seems to envy someone else's penis. He wants one that's longer, wider, harder, with more staying power, and he assumes that some other man, or lots of other men, have one just like that. The truth is, there is less variation among hard penises than among soft ones because a smaller soft penis will increase more in size during erection than a larger soft penis.

Men invariably assume that their partner will prefer a bigger penis. The reality is that your partner would most probably prefer a more skilled, caring, warm lover. Maybe you guys could stop focusing on your penis sizes, and instead work on developing your skills and exchanging tips on touching, kissing, caressing and lovemaking. What do you think?