I don't masturbate in the traditional male method of stroking, but rather, I use a dry-hump method on the edge of a (usually) cushioned piece of furniture (for instance, a chair).... now, my question is two-fold... is this weird, or a common method? and is there any risk involved to my groin area?

—In love with chair

Dear In love with chair,

Looks like you've discovered a pleasurable way to shine the wood! This method is perfectly normal. In fact, the dry-hump method of masturbation is used by many men. There is no risk to your groin area (unless, of course, you're rubbing against spiked furniture). Every once in a while, though, you may want to masturbate manually with your hand and a lubricant, so that if or when you have intercourse, you will know the feeling and be able to be stimulated in the more "usual" way. It is possible to get so used to one method, that a particular stimulation becomes necessary for your enjoyment. You may want to check out the related Q&As for more information. Keep on groovin'!

0