I am in love with the method of Brazilian Bikini waxing and have been doing it for a couple of months now. I have heard that it may be unsafe or unhealthy to have the entire pubic area waxed, and it could lead to infection. Is this a myth or is there some reality to this warning?
Glad you are so happy with your new look! Brazilian waxing is safe so long as it is done properly. Here are some tips to ensure the process is safe:
- Request that the person performing the waxing practice proper hygiene, such as wearing gloves and cleaning the area properly beforehand.
- Request that the wax to be used on you has not been used with other clients. This will ensure that any bacteria or viruses are not transmitted from others (although the chance of transmission of STIs – sexually transmitted infections – via wax is highly unlikely anyway due to the high temperature of the substance).
- Avoid waxing right before or during your period. That's because the blood vessels in the area are enlarged before the beginning of your menstrual cycle, which could lead to more swelling and bruising during this time.
- Consider natural waxing products, such as sugar waxes. Natural products may help to prevent allergic reactions.
- If you experience irritation, it can be alleviated with a cool bath or ice.
Many people have their preferences regarding pubic hair. Some like the natural and full look, while others like the pubic area to be waxed and smooth. Since you prefer being hair-free, you may want to get your waxes done by a reputable professional in a sanitary environment. This way you won't have to worry too much about continuing to sport your hair-free 'do!Alice!