Answer my questions, Alice!

Originally Published: March 6, 1998 - Last Updated / Reviewed On: July 26, 2012

I asked you several questions before and none of them were answered. What should I do?

Thanks for stopping by! Go Ask Alice! receives and reads approximately 500 questions each week. All are worthy of consideration, but alas, not all of them are answered on the live site. It's important to note that Go Ask Alice! is not an individual response site and thus the only way to know if a question has been answered it to look at the newly posted questions each week, or search the vast archives (more than 3000 questions have been answered on the site).

Many of the questions sent to Go Ask Alice! have been answered in the past (and posted in the archive) or are requesting a diagnosis. Only a health care provider that is working directly with an individual can make an accurate diagnosis, it's not something that can be done on the web. That's why you see referrals listed in so many of the answers.

For now, you might find the answers you seek in the following ways:

• Check the Go Ask Alice! archive to see if your questions, or questions similar to them, have been answered before (search box is on the top right of the page).
  • Many archived answers include resources: other web sites, books, organizations, hotlines, etc. that often provide quick and free health-related information to the public.
  • If you're up for it, ask your health care provider, a therapist, a nutritionist, a parental unit, or another trusted adult.
  • Check the library and bookstores under health, medicine, self-help, psychology, sexuality, nutrition, or whatever section that may hold the info you want.

Don't give up! The Go Ask Alice! team is always working to expand the amount of information found on the site. Thanks for reading!