Anal stimulation ain't just for gay men

Originally Published: April 23, 1999 - Last Updated / Reviewed On: July 10, 2012

I am a twenty-year-old male and consider myself to be heterosexual. The problem is, I have a very strong desire for anal pleasure. When I was fifteen, I discovered that inserting a finger or two into my anus while masturbating really intensifies my orgasms and I have been enjoying this ever since. However, after doing this, I feel really bad about myself and worry that I am gay. It seems that there is a very strong association with any kind of anal pleasure and homosexuality. Does the fact that I enjoy stimulating my anus while masturbating have anything to do with my sexual orientation?

You're certainly not alone in your discovery of rectal pleasure by stimulating the prostate gland and sensitive nerves around the anus — even if you didn't know that's what you were doing. When touched or massaged, the prostate — about a half-inch inside the opening of the anus — is a spot in men's bodies that heightens sensations during many a male masturbation session, including at the time of orgasm. Why here? This area is kind of like the Space Shuttle launch pad: it's where the fluids of ejaculation gather just before they take off up the shaft of the penis. The immense energy prior to lift-off, complete with all that smoke and fire, is analogous to the pressure and super-sensitivity around the anus just before you shoot your payload into space, your partner, or wherever.

Many heterosexual men may never go there for a good time because associate any kind of anal contact with being gay. However, there are plenty of straight singles and couples alike who give and receive anal stimulation in different ways. Therefore, partaking in anal stimulation definitely does not equate to being a gay man. If you fantasize about sex with women while you pull your penis and probe your anus, well, that's pretty strong evidence of heterosexuality. In the end, a your sexual orientation is far less important than your awareness and recognition that your body is yours to enjoy!

519924
I am a straight male in my forties and have enjoyed anal sex/pleasure since I was a young teenager. I have never spoken about it till now. I was afraid I would be labeled as being gay. I have been...
I am a straight male in my forties and have enjoyed anal sex/pleasure since I was a young teenager. I have never spoken about it till now. I was afraid I would be labeled as being gay. I have been married for almost twenty years and have never told my wife either. However, just the other night she had me lay on my stomach and she applied lotion all over my butt and slid a finger in my anus. OMG, it was great! So today I went out and went to the sex shop and bought some new toys that I am going to ask her to use on me. I am experienced with large toys in my anus over the years so I am just a little nervous of asking her to use a dildo on me. I already printed out this article for her to read so i hope it help her understand. Thank you for this site for it just may have changed my life.