Alerts and Recalls
Health Alerts and Recalls
This page provides information on recent health alerts and food and product recalls that may be important to Go Ask Alice! readers. Alerts and other information on this page will be updated as information becomes available, but please remember that Go Ask Alice! is not a news site or an emergency service. For rapid and timely access to emergent health information, please visit the CDC's Health Alert Network (HAC).
Food borne illness affects nearly 48 million Americans each year, according to the US Department of Health and Human Services. It is important to watch for news of recalls or outbreaks to avoid getting sick. The following items have been recalled, as they pose a potential risk for food borne illness:
- 6/22/2015: Project 7 Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk/Dairy Ingredient In Sour Caramel Apple Gum
- 6/20/2015: Shirk's Meats Recalls Pork and Beef Products Due to Possible Listeria Contamination
- 6/19/2015: Top Fin Plastic Aquarium Heaters Recalled by PetSmart Due to Electrical Shock Hazard
- 6/17/2015: Colnago Recalls Bicycles and Frame Kits Due to Crash Hazard
- 6/11/2015: Walgreens Vitamins Recalled by International Vitamin Due to Failure to Meet Child-Resistant Closure Requirement
- 6/11/2015: Monogram Beverage Mugs Recalled by Tri-Vista Designs Due to Fire Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Kirklands
Helpful Links and Other Resources:
- You can always stay on top of food and drug recalls by visiting the FDA Food and Product Recall list.
- For general information on food safety and safe handling, visit FoodSafety.Gov, published by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- For global health news, visit the World Health Organization.