Alerts and Recalls
Health Alerts and Recalls
This page provides information on recent health alerts and food and product recalls that may be important to Go Ask Alice! readers. Alerts and other information on this page will be updated as information becomes available, but please remember that Go Ask Alice! is not a news site or an emergency service. For rapid and timely access to emergent health information, please visit the CDC's Health Alert Network (HAC).
8/1/14: CDC guidelines for evaluation of U.S. patients suspected of having Ebola virus disease
7/14/14: West Nile Virus reported in NYC mosquitos, no human cases reported this season
Food borne illness affects nearly 48 million Americans each year, according to the US Department of Health and Human Services. It is important to watch for news of recalls or outbreaks to avoid getting sick. The following items have been recalled, as they pose a potential risk for food borne illness:
7/8/14: Whole Foods Market Recalls Pre-packaged Mini Caesar And Mini Mesclun Goat Cheese Salad In Three States, Due To Undeclared Allergen
- 7/1/14: Oriya Organics, LLC Voluntarily Recalls Oriya Organics Superfood Protein Medley Containing Sprouted Chia Seed Powder for Possible Salmonella Contamination
- 7/11/14: Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Tattoo Ink, Tattoo Needles, Tattoo kits Due to Microbial Contamination
Helpful Links and Other Resources:
- You can always stay on top of food and drug recalls by visiting the FDA Food and Product Recall list.
- For general information on food safety and safe handling, visit FoodSafety.Gov, published by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- For global health news, visit the World Health Organization.